Street Kings will be doing a full Pink Shirt Week!
What is Pink Shirt Day?
Bullying is a major problem in our schools, workplaces, homes, and online. It could be happening to someone you know and care about.
Pink Shirt Day is about raising awareness of these issues and working together to stop bullying by celebrating diversity and promoting positive social relationships. It’s about creating a community where all people feel safe, valued and respected, regardless of age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, or cultural background.
When is Pink Shirt Day?
Street Kings will be celebrating this event for a full week: February 24-29.
What Do I have to Do?
We would like you to encourage you to do these 3 simple things:
- All kids, parents and staff will be invited to wear something pink throughout the week to symbolize a stand against bullying… We invite you to do the same!
- Share a photo of yourself on social media using the hashtag #PinkShirtDay.
- Encourage your kids to show kindness, empathy, and compassion, and speak out if you see something that is not right!
Want to do more and get even more involved?
Coast Capital is bringing back #PinkItForward for the month of February to raise funds and awareness for Pink Shirt Day.
For each hashtag, Coast Capital will donate $1 to Pink Shirt Day in support of bullying prevention programs for youth in BC. It’s easy to do. Just say something nice about someone on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and add #PinkItForward. Encourage your followers to #PinkItForward too!
For more information on Pink Shirt Day, visit http://pinkshirtday.ca.
Additional information and resources:
- Information and support are available by calling the Bullying Helpline at 1-888-456-2323.
- Visit http://www.bullyfreealberta.ca to chat or explore resources.
- Visit http://www.education.alberta.ca/admin/supportingstudent/safeschools.aspxfor information on promoting healthy relationships and preventing bullying.